May 18, 2020
Happy May from Simsbury Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry. We are excited to announce our office will open again starting May 21! Please note: In order to allow for social distancing, as well as our new room turnover protocols, all patients will be contacted prior to their appointment for confirmation and prescreening. They should not come in unless they have been contacted by one of our team members.
The appointment procedure will look a little different. The day before appointments, all parents will need to answer prescreening questions regarding general health, recent travel, etc. of both themselves and their child. On the day of the appointment, please plan to arrive early for health screening and temperature checks. We kindly ask you to wear masks.
Simsbury Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry is doing everything we can to ensure the continued safety and health of both our team and our patients. Our team, both clinical and front desk, will add additional PPE on top of what they wear currently. Every team member will be screened prior to each workday to ensure they are healthy. All extraneous items such as toys and stickers will be removed from operatories. Patients and parents/guardians will be asked to wait in their cars until a team member comes out to escort them into the office.
In addition to the high level of safety and sanitation we have always employed, the following practices will also be in place:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Parents and children over 2 should come in wearing a mask. If they don’t, one will be provided that they should wear while in the office.
• Only one parent or adult will be able to accompany the patient and we ask for no siblings be brought unless they have an appointment as well. We will try to schedule families together whenever possible.
• You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, beverage station, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
During the time away from the office the team at Simsbury Pediatric has stayed active both mentally and physically with a variety of engaging activities. We’ve all stayed connected with family, friends, and each other. We’ve also taken the time to declutter spaces, listen to music, take walks, stay away from the 24-hour news machines, be kind to others, read, catch up on shows on TV, home improvement projects, planting flower and vegetable gardens, practice yoga, take vitamins and probiotics, going for hikes, get into photography more, play with pets, and finish puzzles!
Due to social distancing, many people have cooked and baked more than ever! Some of the foods our team has cooked up include gluten-free, vegan, grain-free chocolate chip cookies, and tofu and okra stew with Cajun coconut sauce.
This time has been so challenging for many of us but it’s important to find the silver lining. For us, knowing that our families and friends are staying safe and healthy, connecting with supportive neighbors, and having a return to work date is continually lifting our spirits and making us thankful! Once social distancing measures end, we can’t wait to go visit our families in person and give them huge hugs!
Simsbury Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry looks forward to serving the health and well-being of our community once again.